Flu Vaccines and Information
- Influenza (flu) is a contagious respiratory illness caused by influenza viruses.
- The flu can cause mild to severe illness.
- The flu typically peaks between December and February, however, the influenza viruses circulate year-round.
- The CDC recommends that people get a flu vaccine by the end of October, if possible.
- Most pediatricians, doctors offices and even CVS/Walgreen's are offering flu shots for the 2018-2019 season.
- It takes about two weeks after receiving the vaccination for antibodies to develop in the body that protect against the flu.