New Student Enrollment

Enrollment at McCulloch Intermediate School and Highland Park Middle School is a two-step process.  Please view the enrollment checklist below prior to beginning the following steps.
Step 1:               
Please complete the online New Student Enrollment Application (via your parent Skyward account).
New Skyward User:  If you are new to the district and do not have a Skyward account, click here to begin the New Student Enrollment Process.
Returning Skyward User:  If you have a Skyward account and are enrolling a new student (example: you have a student in HPISD and are enrolling an incoming 5th grader), click here to begin the New Student Enrollment Process
*If you have a Skyward account and are enrolling a student who previously attended HPISD schools, withdrew and is returning to HPISD, you may need to contact the HP school your student will be attending if your Skyward account needs to be reactivated.
Students currently enrolled in HPISD do not need to complete the online enrollment application to move on to a higher grade or new campus.  If you have any questions about your student moving from one grade to the next, please contact your child's campus.  Please be sure to complete Back to School Sign Up (BSSU) and Annual Proof of Residency each school year in August.
Step 2:
Parents will upload various necessary documents using a secure upload link:

New Student Enrollment Document Upload Form

It is recommended that you have PDF files scanned and ready to upload prior to starting the process and accessing the New Student Enrollment Document Upload form. This will minimize any delay in processing your child’s enrollment due to missing required documents. See all required documents below.

List of Required Documents:

  1. Birth Certificate
  2. Immunization Record
  3. Parent ID (i.e. Driver's license or State ID)
  4. Copy of one of the following in its entirety: a closing statement or deed of trust or warranty deed or current lease of reasonable duration (greater than two-months); and
  5. Current water or electric utility bill for the same address
Possible Required Documents if Applicable:
  • Health Plan Documents (for those students with health conditions such as asthma, seizures, diabetes, etc.)
  • Special Program Documents (i.e. Special Education, 504, dyslexia, speech therapy, etc.)
  • Previous Report Card (for those enrolling in grades 1 -12)
  • High School Transcript (for those enrolling in grades 9 – 12 with HS credits)
Recommended Documents:
  • Social Security Card
  • Custody documents, divorce decree or other legal documents related to the child – if applicable
HPMS:  7th and 8th Grade Athletics

TAG (Talented and Gifted Program) Coordinator: Dr. Elyse Griffin (


504 Coordinator: Dr. Elyse Griffin (


Special Education Coordinator:

5th/6th Grade: Ms. Christie Lambert (

7th/8th Grade: Ms. Debbie Morrison (