Welcome to Mrs. Janik's Webpage.
Office Hours (tutorial times): 7:30am-7:50am on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday mornings
(and special office hours (tutorial times) by appointment on Mondays and Fridays at 7:30am)
Please contact me by email if you have questions or concerns during the school year; click on "send email" to the right. Students, please remember that most of the student account addresses (on your stu account) are not actually attached to a specific email address. If you email me from that account, you won’t receive my response because no email address is attached to your account.
The eighth grade English/Language Arts (ELA8) curriculum document on the HPISD website was not updated this past summer because curriculum revision is planned for the summer of 2019. New TEKS have been adopted by TEA to begin in the 2019-2020 school year. The syllabus posted on my webpage below reflects the current information for the 2018-2019 school year for ELA8.
Daily, students need to bring theses items to class:
1. A smile and good attitude.
2. A willingness to learn and participate.
3. The correct edition(s) of the book(s) we are currently studying (it must be the student's own copy because we will be annotating books).
4. The student's own copy of the black and white composition book.
5. The handouts/ sheets that connect with the day's lesson.
6. Black and red BALLPOINT ink pens.
7. Earbuds for using Membean and other online sources.
NOTE: Please click on "Agenda" view on the calendar to see all information easily.