ACADEMIC UIL RESULTS!
Just a few of the 2021-2022 UIL Team Members
What is Academic UIL?
Academic UIL gives students a chance to learn, make connections with peers, receive guidance from teachers, and have experience applying their knowledge with students from other schools. Team members participate in competitions in various content areas including Math, Science, Language Arts, Social Studies and Art knowledge. Summaries of the events and the competition day's schedule are at the bottom of this page.
When is the UIL Meet?
- Friday, March 4, 2022 4:30-8:00
- Impromptu Speaking (qualifying) 4:30-5:30
- Modern Oratory (qualifying) 5:30-6:30
- Oral Reading (qualifying) 6:30-7:30
- Saturday, March 5th, 2022 - 8:00am-?
- Calculator Application 8:00-9:00
- Spelling 8:00-10:00
- Impromptu Speaking (final) 9:00-10:00
- Art 9:30-11:00
- Maps, Graphs, & Charts 9:00-10:00
- Music Memory 8:30-9:30
- Number Sense 9:00-9:30
- Chess 9:30-10:30
- Listening 10:00-11:00
- Mathematics 10:30-11:30
- Dictionary Skills 11:00-12:00
- Modern Oratory (final) 11:00-12:00
- Social Studies 11:00-12:00
- Science 11:30-12:30
- Oral Reading (final) 12:00-1:00
Colleyville Heritage Middle School
5300 Heritage Avenue
Colleyville, TX 76034
How do we Join the Team?
- UIL Interest Form will be open from Wednesday, December 1st - Friday, December 10th, 2021.
- Practice Schedules will be determined once sign up is done.
- UIL rules only allow us to take three athletes and one alternate per grade level to each event. Practices will be how our coaches determine what students will participate. The final decision about who will compete as a member of each team will be determined by the event coach.
- December 1-10, 2021 UIL Interest Form Opens
- December 17th, practice schedule posted
- Monday, January 10th,2022 - Practice Begins
- Tuesday, February 1st, 2022 - Official team and alternates will be selected by coaches
- Friday, March 4th, 2022 - 4:30-7:30PM Qualifying for all three speaking events
- Saturday, March 5th, 2022 - 8:00AM-1:00PM UIL MEET!
Due to the only other 5th-8th campus having Spring Break starting this weekend, this year 5th grade students will only be able to compete in the Ready Writing event. If you have a 5th grader that is interested in a contest. Please contact Mindy Woods for more information.
- Art: Grades 5-8
- Calculator Applications: Grades 6-8
- Chess Puzzle: Grades 5-8
- Dictionary Skills: Grades 5-8
- Editorial Writing: Grades 6-8
- Impromptu Speaking: Grades 6-8
- Listening: Grades 5-8
- Maps, Graphs & Charts: Grades 5-8
- Mathematics: Grades 6-8
- Modern Oratory: Grades 6-8
- Music Memory: Grades 5-8
- Number Sense: Grades 5-8
- Oral Reading: Grades 5-8
- Ready Writing: Grades 5-8
- Science: Grades 7-8
- Social Studies: Grades 5-8
- Spelling: Grades 5-8