What is Academic UIL?
Academic UIL gives students a chance to learn, make connections with peers, receive guidance from teachers, and have experience applying their knowledge with students from other schools. Team members participate in competitions in various content areas including Math, Science, Language Arts, Social Studies and Art knowledge. Summaries of the events and the competition day's schedule are at the bottom of this page.
When is the UIL Meet?
- Friday, April 12, 2024 (Preliminary for all Speaking Events)
- Saturday, April 13, 2024 (All other Events)
Coppell Middle School West
2701 Ranch Trail
Irving, TX 75063
How do we Join the Team?
- UIL Interest Form will be posted for interested students during December.
- Practice Schedules will be determined once sign up is done, practices usually begin in January.
- UIL rules only allow us to take three athletes and one alternate per grade level to each event. Practices will be how our coaches determine what students will participate. The final decision about who will compete as a member of each team will be determined by the event coach.
- UIL Interest Form NOW OPEN
- UIL Practice Schedule will be published by December 8, 2023. Students will gain access to the UIL Team and Google Classrooms at this time.
- UIL Individual Team Google Classrooms will be available to students Wednesday, January 3, 2024.
- UIL Practices will begin the week of January 8th. Coaches will announce any practice changes in the Google Classrooms.
- Final Team members for each event will be decided by Friday, February 9, 2024.
- UIL Team shirt Order Form opens, will open after FINAL TEAM is determined
- Friday, April 12, 2024 (Speaking Preliminaries)
- Modern Oratory
- Oral Reading
- Saturday, April 13, 2024
- Genevive Croft
- Mindy Woods
The other Intermediate campus will not be competing this year. So there will not be any 5th grade events at the 22-23 UIL competition. If you have a 5th grader that is interested in any of the 5-8 events, please have them complete the interest form! UIL allows students to compete up a grade level, so all interested students should try out for the UIL Team! Contact Mrs. Croft for more information.
- Art: Grades 5-8
- Calculator Applications: Grades 6-8
- Chess Puzzle: Grades 5-8
- Dictionary Skills: Grades 5-8
- Editorial Writing: Grades 6-8
- Impromptu Speaking: Grades 6-8
- Listening: Grades 5-8
- Maps, Graphs & Charts: Grades 5-8
- Mathematics: Grades 6-8
- Modern Oratory: Grades 6-8
- Music Memory: Grades 5-8
- Number Sense: Grades 5-8
- Oral Reading: Grades 5-8
- Ready Writing: Grades 5-8
- Science: Grades 7-8
- Social Studies: Grades 5-8
- Spelling: Grades 5-8