Just a few of the 2021-2022 UIL Team Members
What is Academic UIL?
Academic UIL gives students a chance to learn, make connections with peers, receive guidance from teachers, and have experience applying their knowledge with students from other schools. Team members participate in competitions in various content areas including Math, Science, Language Arts, Social Studies and Art knowledge. Summaries of the events and the competition day's schedule are at the bottom of this page.
When is the UIL Meet?
- Friday, March 31, 2023 (Prelimnary for all Speaking Events)
- Saturday, April 1, 2023 (All other Events)
Colleyville Heritage Middle School
5300 Heritage Avenue
Colleyville, TX 76034
How do we Join the Team?
- UIL Interest Form will be posted for interested students during December.
- Practice Schedules will be determined once sign up is done, practices usually begin in January.
- UIL rules only allow us to take three athletes and one alternate per grade level to each event. Practices will be how our coaches determine what students will participate. The final decision about who will compete as a member of each team will be determined by the event coach.
- UIL Interest Form Opens, will remain open 2/1/23
- UIL Practice Schedule, Students will gain access to Google Classrooms at this time.
- Final Team members for each event decided between 2/6/2023 and 2/17/2023
- 2/20/2023 UIL Team shirt Order Form opens, will close 3/1/2023
- Friday, March 31, 2023
- 4:15 - 5:30 Impromptu,
- 5:30 - 6:30 Modern Oratory
- 6:30 - 7:30 Oral Reading
- Saturday, April 1, 2023
The other Intermediate campus will not be competing this year. So there will not be any 5th grade events at the 22-23 UIL competition. If you have a 5th grader that is interested in any of the 5-8 events, please have them complete the interest form! UIL allows students to compete up a grade level, so all interested students should try out for the UIL Team! Contact Mindy Woods for more information.
- Art: Grades 5-8
- Calculator Applications: Grades 6-8
- Chess Puzzle: Grades 5-8
- Dictionary Skills: Grades 5-8
- Editorial Writing: Grades 6-8
- Impromptu Speaking: Grades 6-8
- Listening: Grades 5-8
- Maps, Graphs & Charts: Grades 5-8
- Mathematics: Grades 6-8
- Modern Oratory: Grades 6-8
- Music Memory: Grades 5-8
- Number Sense: Grades 5-8
- Oral Reading: Grades 5-8
- Ready Writing: Grades 5-8
- Science: Grades 7-8
- Social Studies: Grades 5-8
- Spelling: Grades 5-8