HPMS Girls Sports Offered:
- 7th Girls -- 7:15am—8:30am (this time is subject to change)
- 8th Girls – 2:30pm –3:45pm (this time is subject to change)
- Meets will be on Saturday mornings (one Thursday afternoon meet)----TBA
Volleyball: August - November (signups: August 24th-- tryouts will be August 25th thru August 28th
- 7th Girls -- 6:15 am –8:30am
- 8th Girls -- 3:15 pm –4:45pm
- Game days will be Thursdays (tournaments on Saturdays)
- 3 teams: Gold “B” 5:00pm -- White “A” 6:00pm -- Red “C” 7:00pm
Basketball: November - February (sign ups: Nov. 2nd with tryouts Nov. 3rd thru Nov. 6th)
- 7th Girls -- 6:15am–8:30am
- 8th Girls -- 3:15pm –4:45pm
- Game nights will be Mondays/Tuesdays for 7th grade and Thursdays for 8th grade
- 3 Teams: Gold “B” 5:00pm, White “A” 6:00pm, Red “C” 7:00pm
Gymnastics: December – March
- After school at the high school – times TBD
- 7th Girls -- 7:15am-8:30am…. field events/hurdles/relays 3:30pm-4:00pm
- 8th Girls -- 2:30pm-3:30/3:45pm…. field events/hurdles/relays 3:30pm-4:00pm
- Meet days will be Thursday afternoon/evenings. District Meet is on Friday
- **Meets are subject to change based on district conflicts
- Tryouts: October (dates TBA); conducted during the PE/tennis classes and after school.
- Teams: “A” & “B” teams, 7th and 8th graders combined, both teams are coed.
- Practice: TIMES (A & B)--3:30pm-5:30pm; DAYS “A” team--Tues.& Thurs. // “B” team--Mon.& Wed.
- Matches against other schools: “A” team only--matches on Tuesdays, make-ups on Thursdays
- ALL DAYS AND TIMES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
- Practice site: HPMS tennis courts. There is an important parents’ meeting in mid-September.
Soccer: April – May
- After School at HPMS – times TBD
OTHER INFORMATION: All of the forms below can be DOWNLOADED using the HPISD website (www.hpisd.org) under athletics/forms or the HPMS website under athletics.
**Athletes MUST have ALL paperwork on file to participate in the athletic period as well as each sport
- Current UIL Physical (dated on or after May 16, 2015) – a completed paper copy turned in to coaches or athletic trainers.
- Acknowledgment of Rules – completed online
- Emergency Medical Information Card – completed online
- Concussion Acknowledgement Form – completed online
- Cardiac Arrest Awareness Form – completed online
- Code of Conduct Form- completed online
Athletic attire: black shorts, solid white t-shirt, tennis shoes, black sweats in cold weather. Coach approved athletic clothes may also be purchased through the HPMS supply room.
Each student that makes an athletic team will pay an ACE fee of $250. (Only paid one time/year, regardless of the number of sports on which the student participates)
IMPORTANT NOTE: HPMS ATHLETIC TEAMS (practices, games, matches, tournaments) WILL TAKE PRECEDENCE OVER ANY OTHER OUT OF SCHOOL ACTIVITY EX: DANCE, CLUB SOCCER, CHEERLEADING, AND LACROSSE.
HPISD Policy Update:
HPISD provides transportation to and from all school sponsored activities off the home campus. If you would like for your son/daughter to ride home with you, their parent or legal guardian, from the away activity please make sure to complete the PermissionToRideSlip1314. Once it is signed by both the parent and student, hand it to one of the school coaches or sponsors. It is imperative that school staff know who will not be riding back to the home campus on the district provided transportation so that no students is left unsupervised at an away venue. Please be aware that coaches and sponsors can release a student only to their parent or legal guardian. Students will not be released to any other person even with a completed form.