The following paperwork will be required of any athlete to participate on the volleyball team. All forms listed below (except #3) must be filled out online the link may be found on the HPISD website under the athletics section and forms.
To tryout, the student/athlete must provide the following mandatory paperwork:
- U.I.L. Physical form signed and dated by a physician. The form must be dated on or after May 1, 2020
- UIL Acknowledgement of Rules
- Parent and Student Steroid Agreement
- UIL Concussion Acknowledgement
- UIL Sudden Cardiac Arrest Awareness
- HPISD Athlete Emergency Information
- Code of Conduct Signature Page
Girls need to come in volleyball appropriate attire for tryouts. Athletic/Volleyball shoes, knee pads, athletic shorts/spandex, and a t-shirt are required to tryout.
Players need to be dropped off and picked up on High School Street in the queue lane. The doors by the south gym will be open at 6:05.
- Skills: passing, setting, hitting, serving, defensive skills, and scrimmage play
- Traits: attitude, effort, coachability, communication, hustle, and teamwork
The players who make the program will be posted by tryout number after 6 p.m. on Friday, August 31st. The players will not be separated by teams until the following week. There will be 3 teams (Red, Gold, & White) for each grade level. There is no 'set' number for tryouts. We will take anywhere between 32-40 girls depending on grade and skill