Highland Park Wrestling
Coaches Trip Rodgers, Penn Laird, Brady Thomas, Tyler Williamson
Season Goals: Practices
- Introduce athletes to rules of wrestling. November 08- January
- Learn basic techniques. Mon-Thurs 5:00-6:15
- Build core strength and coordination. HPHS Wrestling Room
- Develop self-confidence. Parents are responsible for
- Have fun! transportation to/from practices
Shorts and t-shirts (cut off/sleeveless shirts should not be worn)
Mouthpiece that covers top and bottom braces
*Optional – kneepads and shooting sleeves
We do not make cuts. The first week of practice will be for kids to try out the sport and see if they want to wrestle. Attendance at all practices and meets is required.
Continued absences will result in the athlete’s removal from the team.
Team Dues and Uniforms
$TBD – will go towards a team shirt and catering for an end of the year awards banquet.
Checks can be made out to HPMS PTA and turned into team moms, Coach Thomas or Coach Williamson.
The team shirt should be worn to competitions as a warmup and singlets will be checked out to wrestlers.
Here is a google doc with our 2021-22 Schedule. All dates and times are subject to change.
- Weight classes: 80, 89, 98, 106, 113, 120, 126, 132, 140, 150, 162, 175, 200, 275
- Matchups will be based on size and experience.
- Some meets/tournaments will have limitations on entrees, so we may only take 1-2 wrestlers per weight.
- We will follow UIL rules regarding eligibility (grades, ACE fees through the school, ect.).
- Wrestling does not change anything in regards to your student's schedule. Regardless if your student is off-campus or has a regular 7th/8th grade schedule, he still needs to complete those requirements (i.e. 7th grade students do NOT get out of off season conditioning during 1st period).
- Athletes should shower IMMEDIATELY after getting home with an antibacterial soap such as Dial to prevent skin infections.