Highland Park Wrestling
Coach Tyler Williamson
- Introduce athletes to rules of wrestling.
- Learn basic techniques.
- Build core strength and coordination.
- Develop self-confidence.
- Have fun!
Google Calendar with Practices and Meets
Nov. 13-Jan. 31
Mon-Thurs. 5:00-6:00 (warm-up at 4:45)
HP High School Wrestling Room
Parents are responsible for transportation to and from practices.
Shorts and t-shirts (cut off/sleeveless shirts should not be worn)
*Mouth guards that cover both upper and lower teeth are required for students with braces
**Optional – kneepads and shooting sleeves
We do not make cuts. The first week of practice will be for kids to try out the sport and see if they want to wrestle. Attendance at all practices and meets is required.
Continued absences will result in the athlete’s removal from the team.
$50 – will go towards a team t-shirt and catering for an end of the year Awards Banquet.
Checks can be made out to HPMS PTA and turned into team moms or Coach Williamson.
- We will follow UIL rules regarding eligibility (grades, concussion, A.C.E. fees through the school, etc.).
- Wrestling does not change anything in regards to your student's schedule. Regardless if your student is off-campus or has a regular 7th/8th grade schedule, he still needs to complete those requirements (i.e. 7th grade students do NOT get out of off season conditioning during 1st period).
- Athletes should shower IMMEDIATELY after getting home with an antibacterial soap such as Dial to prevent skin infections.
- Athletes will practice and compete with other kids their size. They will not be allowed to ‘cut weight.’ Athletes will check and record their weight every day before practice so I can monitor this.
- Weight classes: 80, 89, 98, 106, 113, 120, 126, 132, 140, 150, 162, 175, 200, 275
- Remind Notifications: text code '@hpmswr' to 81010 to receive text updates about upcoming events