Special Programs Overview
MIS/HPMS Special Programs
The Department of Special Programs directly oversees and/or assists with the administration, coordination and implementation of a variety of school district programs and initiatives. These HPISD Special Programs include:
- Special Education Services
- Talented & Gifted Services
- Section 504 Services
- Dyslexia Services
- English as a Second Language (ESL) Services
- Coordinated Health Services
The Special Programs department provides instructional services and support for students throughout Highland Park ISD. In order to effectively lead, support, and coordinate the variety of programs, Special Programs staff work with district staff, administrators, directors, principals, teachers, parents and students as appropriate.
The staff of the Special Programs Department pledges to be positive and professional in working with district staff and the community. The Department of Special Programs fully supports and participates in the district’s collaborative decision-making process, and is committed to the pursuit of educational excellence. We share in the HPISD mission and beliefs listed below.
Highland Park Independent School District, with an unyielding commitment to excellence, will provide an exceptional academic program that recognizes the unique potential of each student and integrates the intellectual, social, cultural and physical aspects of learning.
This program will empower each student to become an eager lifelong learner committed to academic excellence, integrity, responsible citizenship and service to others.
- All students can learn.
- Learning is a life-long process.
- A rigorous, well-rounded academic education is a cornerstone of a successful life.
- Learning is enhanced by passionate teachers who pursue expertise in their fields and are highly valued by the entire community.
- Learning must include the ability to relate effectively amidst diverse cultures within a global economy.
- Education rightly occurs in environments where high standards of character and ethics are expected.
- Education is a shared responsibility among students, educators, parents, and the community.