New Parent FAQ
What is the Mission and Vision of MIS?
McCulloch Intermediate School and Highland Park Middle School, with an unyielding commitment to excellence, is a partnership of educators, staff, students, parents, and community that strives to provide a superior educational experience and addresses the needs of the developing middle school student. Our school's success focuses on:
- enhancing intellectual abilities in all academic areas;
- challenging students to be creative, curious, high-level, and independent thinkers who are committed to the process of learning;
- developing a student's sense of integrity, responsibility, honesty, leadership, and service to the community;
- embracing respect for all people and celebrating diversity in a global community;
- creating a safe learning environment that meets the needs of all students;
- promoting participation in the fine arts and extra-curricular activities; and
- providing a dedicated faculty and staff who will guide and prepare students for future academic challenges.
Where can I learn about dress code requirements, cell phone policy and other guidelines and procedures?
- Grading Policy
- Grading Criteria for Retakes
- HPMS Dress Code
- Technology Responsible Use
- ELA Written Conventions
What procedures do we follow during MIS drop-off and pick-up times?
Where can I find printable calendars?
Looking for additional information?
Have a question about transitioning to fifth grade at MIS?